Only the following categories of students shall be allowed to take up Basic Punjabi in lieu of General Punjabi at the Degree level :
- Non-Resident Indians or Foreign Nationals.
- Those who have passed Matric and/or Senior (+2) Examination with Punjab History and Culture in place of General Punjabi.
- Residents of other States of the Union of India whose mother-tongue is not Punjabi and who have not studied Punjabi at any level.
- Those who are not domiciles of the State of Punjab. (Domicile Certificates in such cases are to be submitted to the College office along with applications for admission).
- A student from any of the aforesaid categories shall have to furnish to the College an affidavit, duly attested by the local Executive Magistrate, on a stamped paper deposing his/her entitlement to take up Basic Punjabi in lieu of General Punjabi, at the time of admission.
Note : The Principal reserves the right to levy a uniform cess for meeting expenditure on unforeseen and emergent development projects of College.